Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CA to AZ, and the Gorgeous Grand Canyon!

A few months ago I decided to relocate from LA to the East Coast. On May 31st, the journey began from CA to CT. My amazing friend, Ruthie and I embarked on a Thelma and Louise-like road trip (sans driving off a cliff). It was an incredible journey in SO many ways....here are some things we saw.

Giant truck of GARLIC - my dream come true, just outside of LA.


Trespassing and dipping our toes in the Colorado River, at the CA/AZ border.


The Canyon is indeed, GRAND. We stayed in Williams, which was about an hour away, but the drive was worth it to the GC.




Watched the sunset from The El Tovar Hotel on the south rim, while sipping desert cocktails. Spectacular!

The Beautiful Grand Canyon Railway. I would love to ride it next time I'm there, and maybe perhaps a mule ride, kayaking trip, Phantom Ranch or the Sky Bridge!

No comments: